Monday, September 21, 2009

My Trip to the Past

This summer my family and I took a trip to Quincy, Illionis to visit my father's family. Obviously, my father grew up in this quaint, quiet, little, mid-western town. Unless my cousins visit us, I'm not usually thrilled to take these trips. There really isn't much to do in the town. Or at least . . . there wasn't.


This summer we explored a plethora of history embedded in Quincy's culture. I decided to share some of the pictures from my trip.

This is President Lincoln's tomb. It's quite large, don't you think?























President Lincoln's temporary tomb











An antique stove and heater.




























Another antique stove





Yes, that is a huge dollhouse. It's so awsome! Sorry, I don't exactly have the room to post all the pictures from the 360 view of the it.










Miniture model of a steamboat.
I'll post some more of the cooler pics later on. Most of these pics were taken at the Quincy Museum. The first two are at the Lincoln tomb in Springfield, Illionis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis