Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My Reading Challenges

This year, I decided to participate in some reading challenges. This is my first time ever participating in challenges, so I'm still not quite sure on what to do yet. 

While I'm figuring it out, I wanted to share the progress of my personal challenges. 



GoodReads 2012 Reading Challenge 


So My goal this year was to read 80 books.

How am I doing so far?

Well, um . . . not so good. I've only read 16 books!

In all fairness, I was sick for one month with an upper respiratory infection, and then I experienced some bouts with appendicitis. I'm very behind on my reading challenge and my book reviews at the moment. The good news is that I should catch up by April ;)


Just For Fun Reading Challenge



This challenge was to read a book every month just for fun!

Here's how I'm doing so far:

December: 
(included just to make me feel better)


January:


February: 



50 States Reading Challenge 




Hosted by Book Obsessed 

The goal for this challenge is to review books that take place in the United States. By the end of the year, I should have read one book per a state.

How's that challenge going so far?

I'd say an epic fail. I keep ending up with books that take place in Europe. 

Here's what I have so far . . .

Kentucky:
Words Spoken True by Ann H. Gabhart

Massachusetts:
The Rose of Winslow Street by Elizabeth Camden

Minnesota:
The Shadow of Your Smile by Susan May Warren

Montana: 
The Accidental Bride by Denise Hunter

Ohio:
Rose's Pledge by Sally Laity and Diana Crawford
Tomorrow's Sun by Becky Melby
Sweeter Than Birdsong by Rosslyn Elliott

South Carolina:
Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones

Tennessee:
First Date by Krista McGee

Virginia:
Before the Scarlet Dawn by Rita Gerlach

Wyoming:
Summer of Promise by Amanda Cabot

As you can see, I pretty much have the mid-west covered, with a few of the upper western states.

Did you set any challenges this year? How are they coming along? I'd love to hear about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis