Saturday, October 15, 2011

When Books Become Movies

I have to be honest, here. I'm not a big fan of turning books into movies. While I love Anne of Green Gables, and I think the first two movies were wonderful, I felt like my heart had been stomped on when I watched the third installment. Since then, I've determined that some books should remain just that--books. Why? Well . . . movies really can't capture the essence of a great book. 


With that said, however, I think some novels translate easily onto the big screen. I believe those novels are rare, but that they do exist. In fact, I would love to see a few books I've enjoyed somehow make their way  into movie format. 


Here are two I would love to see made into movies one day:











These stories just seem to have that necessary factor that somehow may send a powerful message regardless of the audience's personal preferences. 


So my question for you is, what novels do you think could also make great movies, or even what novels would you even like to see on the big screen?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis