Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"All My Fountains"


Yesterday, the Passion Conferences released an awesome video recorded during the gathering that took place in January. This song is catchy, and the message is so much deeper than I originally thought when I first heard it.




Isn't it a great song? I'll never forget, how after this song, I heard one of the most powerful messages that I've ever had the privilege of listening to. John Piper stepped into the arena and explained how this song conveys God being at the bottom--the foundation of our joy--and how everything we do springs up from God and is motivated by our love for Him. One of my favorite quotes is when Piper asked,

"Do you enjoy worshiping God, making much of God, because he's committed to making much of you? Because that's idolatry of the worst kind. Or, do you enjoy God's making much of you because it shows you the kind of God that He is?"


In an arena filled with 20,000 college students, every person held a collective breath in stunned silence as we took hold of those words and allowed them to linger through our mind.


 Wow. . .


Until that moment, I never considered that I could turn God's love for me into an idol; that I could worship how He loves me more than I worship Him. I never realized how I could take the Gospel--that which is to  magnify Jesus Christ--and somehow turn it into a shallow belief that it's all about me. I believe Piper even pointed out that God loves us too much to let His own love for us become an idol. He is a jealous God.


I highly recommend this message. If you would like to download it to your computer, click here.


Also, don't forget registration is now open for Passion 2012 and will be held at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia. A flood of national and international college students will pour into the Dome come January 1st. The conference expanded the occupancy to 75,000 students. If you fall into the appropriate age to attend, or know someone who you believe will enjoy the conference, then click the banner at the bottom.


Hope to see you there!


Purchase Song:


   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis