Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reenactment pictures Part II

As promised, here are some more pictures that I took during the reenactment of the Battle of Seccesionville.




I absolutely love her dress! And standing in front of that moss-cascading tree, she looks just like a genuine southern bell.
I have an obsession with bonnets. When I found this one, I couldn't resist taking a picture of it 
The Yankee camp. Soldiers lining up for inspection
A friendly group of reenactors cooking their lunch. 
The battle
Notice the guy wearing a kilt? Yes, he is playing a dirge.  
The smell of gunpowder was overwhelming at this point. 
I love this shot of the soldiers fighting near the Palmetto tree. If it were Confederate soldiers instead of Yankees, the shot would be perfect. 
Here's the guy in the kilt again. He was there to keep up the moral. The Yankees needed it.

I have a lot more pictures, but don't want to overwhelm you with pages of them. And pictures can never take the place of an actual experience. If you ever get the chance to attend a reenactment--no matter where you are--then go for it! It will bring history to life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis