Thursday, September 17, 2009

What To Do In a Rough Economy . . .?

I'm sure everyone has taken a blow from the current enconomic situation we find ourselves in. Most of us are having to cut back on our "wants." I don't know the "wants" you may have had to cut back on, but for me I've had to eliminate the heavy spending on new books.

If I'm not writing, you will find me reading. I love to read. In the last three years I've managed to buy a new book at least once a week. Due to a lack of funds, I can no longer treat myself in this way. Believe me when I say that I've become rather perplexed over what to do. My imagination is always craving something new. How can one feed their imagination without new books?

I decided to take a look at my own bookshelf and see if I could revisit any of my favorite reads. Normally I will only read a book five times, then leave it alone and let it collect dust on the shelf--no matter how much I loved it!

Revisiting my favorites has been another adventure. If you don't mind, I'd like to share with you some of the books and stories that recaptured my imagination: (for your conveience I've included a link to a synopsis from CBD.com).




Taming Rafe: Susan May Warren (Tyndale, 2007)

http://www.christianbook.com/taming-rafe-noble-legacy/susan-warren/9781414310183/pd/310183?item_code=WW&netp_id=506540&event=ESRCN&view=covers#curr










Finding Stephanie: Susan May Warren (Tyndale, 2008)

http://www.christianbook.com/finding-stefanie-noble-legacy/susan-warren/9781414310190/pd/310190?event=CF












Anne of the Island: L.M. Montgomery (Running Press, 1994) reprint from (L.C. Page, 1915)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis