Monday, September 26, 2011

What Do You Think?

My mind has been reeling with creative ideas on a few things that could make this blog more reader-friendly. Before I start to make any of it official, I'd like to get your opinions first. At the end of this post, please indicate how you feel about these things and if you'd be willing to participate, should they happen. 

Forum Activity 

Something I'd love is have some more activity in the forum which allows you to connect with other readers who are just as passionate about Christian fiction as you are.

Once week, I'd like to do a forum post. I'll initiate a given topic. From there you can go to the forum and discuss how you feel about it with others. 

Topics could include things such as, posting pictures of how who you think could be cast as certain characters should your favorite book become a movie, what your favorite book is and why, how you feel about certain issues in fiction, what your favorite time period and genre are, etc.

All of this would allow for an interactive experience. I need to know, however, that people will participate in this. 

Quarterly Book Club 

Once every four months, I'd like to host a book club. I'd pick a recent book and design a newsletter just for people who would like to participate. We could take a vote on which book to read, read it, then discuss it via the forum or live chat feature. 

I'm one of those people who loves to hash out the exciting and awesome things I find in fiction--especially literary devices and spiritual messages. So, I'd have a lot of fun with this. I just need to know that you would, as well.




These are just a few of the ideas I have. I don't want to throw too much out there at once, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Just leave a comment to let me know how you feel about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis