Wednesday, September 21, 2011

September Pick of the Month

I'm sorry I'm a bit late in posting this, but here is this month's pick. In a few weeks, I'll reveal why I picked this book for September. Until then, here's the review I did on it last year. 


Beguiled by Deeanne Gist and Mark J. Bertrand

5 out of 5 stars


If you're looking for a good romantic suspense, I highly recommend Beguiled by Deeanne Gist and J. Mark Bertrand.

In the neighborhood of Charleston's elite residents, a thief is leaving behind a trail of messy crimes. Dog walker, Rylee Monroe and Post & Courier reporter, Logan Woods, both find themselves in the middle of the action. As the crimes worsen, Logan can't ignore the mounting evidence that suggests Rylee has some connection to the crimes. With his career and heart on the line, he has to make a choice--and soon--before he loses it all.


Bertrand and Gist collaborate to bring a sensational read that will keep you turning the pages. I have to say this is the best collaboration I've ever read. They work well together.



Their portrayal of Charleston is dead on. As a Charleston resident, I found myself in awe of the way they brought this city to life on the page. They captured its richness and culture in a way that few non-natives do. Their fresh perspective on the city left me longing to explore the streets Rylee and Logan strolled down. The minute I set the book down, I felt eager to head to Charleston. 

While the book isn't suspenseful in the sense that it leaves you gripping the pages as your heart beats with tension, it is an entertaining--and equally page-turning--light mystery. 

This is an excellent read and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in suspense and Charleston.




Questions and Answers with the Authors







Purchase


      
       



Read the First Chapter


Beguiled

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis