Saturday, August 27, 2011

Strength (Guest Blogger, Chris)

I normally try to write a bible related post about once a week. This month I've been swamped with writing book reviews. So I invited my friend Chris to write a post for this week. After you've read his post, be sure to check out his blog


Strength

Strength is a quality that is highly touted in today's society. Much like the nicest clothes and newest fashions, it is the popular thing for guys to be big and strong. That's part of being a man. Men are big and strong. We lift things up and put them down. Check this out:





Ok, so I'm admittedly more like the planet fitness guy in that video. . . but 
I've been working out for the last two weeks so we'll see where that gets me! 


We, as humans, like to rely on our own strength. I like to do things myself. I like to handle situations myself. I like to work by myself. I like to rely on my own strength. 

Then I read Psalm 31:23-24. It states that the Lord preserves those who are faithful and tells us to be strong! 1 Chronicles 16:9 says "Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually." 



We should be dependent upon the Lord for strength, not our own, which pales in comparison to that of the Creator and Sustainer of the universe!!


Written by Chris Mims. You can find his blog at www.Christophermims.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis