Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stuff Christians Like and Limited Amazon Deal


5 out of 5 stars


No matter what anyone tells you, we are a strange group of people with our own sub-culture. No one points that out more accurately than Jon Acuff in his book Stuff Christians Like.

While I don't normally write reviews for non-fiction books, Stuff Christians Like is so awesome that it's worthy of breaking my normal habits. 

Stuff Christians Like is a humorous look at the things Christians do. In the outrageously satire-like style of Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal essay, Jon Acuff accomplishes pointing out the quirky Christian culture and making one think about our errors while keeping the reader engaged and entertained. There were moments when I had to set this book down because I couldn't stop laughing. My abs even began to hurt and my eyes watered as I doubled over in laughter. I'm just glad I read this at home and not in public--I would have gotten some very strange looks. 

This book is unique in the Christian market and stands out. Here is the official synopsis of the book:

Using the same humor and honesty that galvanized more than a million online readers from more than 200 countries, blogger Jonathan Acuff brings his insightful take on Christianity to the book world with Stuff Christians Like. From prayer shot blocks to Metro worship leaders, no stone is left unturned in this hilarious look at faith.   


Right now, for a limited time you can purchase Stuff Christians Like for $2.99


If you haven't read his blog
already, I highly encourage you to do so. This blog is what prompted the book. You'll find extra content on this blog and tons of humor. 







Sample Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis